The FBA SDNY Chapter, along with the Admiralty Law Committee of the FBA, will host a brown bag lunch panel discussion on maritime law at the US Courthouse (40 Foley Square, Room 145) on Friday May 6, 2016. Doors open at 11:30 a.m. with presentations to following from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. All are welcome to attend (although space is limited). Participation in the event is free.
The agenda is evolving, however, anticipated topics for discussion include:
- The Southern District of New York’s admiralty and maritime law history;
- Prejudgment & ex parte security and enforcement actions;
- Recognition of arbitral Awards;
- Effective Use of Rules B, C and E;
- Perspectives from the Bench, Clerk’s Office and U.S. Marshals Service; and
- Recent maritime law developments.
The panel will be moderated by George M. Chalos, Chair of the Admiralty Law Committee for the SDNY Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and feature the following speakers:
- Hon. John G. Koeltl, U.S. District Judge, SDNY;
- Hon. Victor Marrero, U.S. District Judge, SDNY;
- Andrew D’Agostino, Project Manager, SDNY; and
- Kevin Kraemer, Deputy U.S. Marshal, SDNY
To RSVP to the event visit maritimefba.eventbrite.com.
For more information on the event click here.